Our Commitment to You
As an employee you’ll benefit from top of the range training along with a competitive salary, competitive annual leave and a friendly working environment.
Other benefits include:
- a wide range of sports and social clubs
- a range of discounts available on our staff app
- staff competitions
- award ceremonies
- ‘miles better’ scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- a range of options to improve work/life balance such as career breaks, parental leave, childcare incentives and flexible working.
- Subsidised canteens (in some sites)
- on-site gyms (in our larger sites)
- full uniform for operational staff
- flexi work for head office clerical staff.
Our pension scheme is the Northern Ireland Local Government Officers' Superannuation Committee (NILGOSC) scheme which is a CARE (career average re-adjusted earnings) scheme. As an employee, your contribution rate depends on how much you are paid but will be between 5.5% and 10.5% of your pensionable pay. The employer's contribution rate currently ranges from 18% to 22%.
- You can check the NILGOSC website for up-to-date contribution rates. More at www.nilgosc.org.uk You may also be able transfer your service contributions from your previous employer to the NILGOSC scheme.
- We offer an in-service death benefit of 3 times salary
- We also offer a widow's pension benefit