Scope of this Notice
This notice applies to information we collect when you:
- visit our website;
- register your details on our website or apps e.g., our mobile phone ticketing app;
- use our services e.g., our Smartlink card/Smartpass;
- register your details for the purpose of entering into a contractual relationship with us;
- submit your details as part of an online enquiry;
- contact us for any other reason;
- apply for a job with us;
- are a current or former employee.
Information We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information:
- Information you give us about you by registering or submitting your details or by corresponding with us. This may include your name, address, e-mail, phone number, credit or debit card information, and your photograph. We will request your consent before you register or submit any personal information to us when using our services, website or apps. Please note that in respect of job applicants and employees this may also include sensitive data, such as that relating to an individual’s health. Such data is processed strictly in accordance with our Data Protection Policy.
- Information we collect about you each time you visit our website or use our apps. This includes but is not limited to traffic data and journey data in order to find out the number of visitors to the various parts of our website and/or apps and ensure the effective running of our website. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify you. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website or using our apps.
- Information we receive from other sources: we work with third parties to assist us in providing our services, for example we engage a website platform provider and website development agency, as well as analytics providers, security and performance maintenance assistance and online survey tools. These third-party companies are data processors for the Translink Group and only process personal information in line with our instructions.
- CCTV imagery at or near Translink’s stations, depots, offices, properties and on-board buses and trains. CCTV surveillance is essential for many reasons including the safety and security of the public and our employees and the prevention and detection of crime. We regularly review the use of surveillance systems and our CCTV policy. We will always clearly display signage so that you are aware that you are in an area where CCTV is operated and which provides contact details should you require additional information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site, which may include data associated with you but on its own will not personally identify you.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers, or the secure servers of the third parties who we work with. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this notice. Third parties are contractually obliged by us to take appropriate measures to keep all personal data secure.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the fulfilment of your request, order, application or reservation, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this potential transfer, storing or processing. Our data processors will only process information in line with our instructions.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data once we receive it, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or our apps. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Uses Made of Your Information
We use information held about you for the purposes improving our website and services and to enable us to fulfil our legal and contractual duties to you and to third parties.
From time to time we may send you details of Translink promotions that may be of interest to you. We may also offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys which we carry out that help our research into the types of service we offer. We will give you the opportunity to opt-in to such communications and will not communicate in such a way with you without your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- in order to enforce or apply any contractual obligations or to investigate potential breaches or protect the rights, property or safety of the Translink Group, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- if we have your consent to do so.
Users Ages Under 18
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us.
If you are under 13 then we will need consent from your parent/guardian before you can use some of our services.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information, we hold about you. For more on your rights visit ico.org.uk
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how your data is processed with the Information Commissioner’s Office, however, we request that you submit any complaint which you have to us in the first instance (see contact details below) so that we may try and resolve the issue.
Paying with credit and debit card
During the credit and debit card payment process via our website you will be redirected over a secure connection to NMI.
Links to Other Sites
Our website and apps may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
Any changes we may make to this notice in the future will be posted on our website without further recourse or notice to you. This notice was last updated on 13 May 2022.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this notice or the information that we collect from you are welcomed and should be addressed to Data Protection Officer, Legal & Governance Department, 9th Floor, 22 Great Victoria Street, Belfast, BT2 7BJ, firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also like
Still having a look about? You might also be interested in this...