Daily, Weekly and Monthly Travel Cards
Our travel cards provide unlimited travel for a day, week or month and are available on Metro, Glider and Ulsterbus Town Services. They're the perfect way to save if you make more than 2 bus journeys a day and the more you travel, the more you save!
Your day/ weekly/ monthly travel card validity starts on the calendar day from the moment of first use - so for example - a day topup is valid for a calendar day only regardless what time of day the card is first used and expires just after midnight. A weekly travel card is valid for 7 consecutive days from the first day of use. A month's travel is valid for a calendar month from the date of first use, (for example, from 25th February to 24th March inclusive). With Metro and Glider day cards you can buy multiples days (1,5 or 10) as non consecutive days).
What are the Benefits?
- It saves you money.
- It is a safer, cash free method of payment for travel.
- Smartlink helps speed up boarding times!
- Top-up with 1 day’s travel on board the bus (Metro Glider Only)
- Off Peak day travel (Metro Glider Only)
- Ulsterbus customers can top-up on Ulsterbus services, in Stations, or at PayPoint Agents across Northern Ireland. 1 Month top-ups are only available in Stations.
- Metro and Glider customers can top-up at one of the participating Smartlink Agents, Visit Belfast Centre in Donegall Square North, Ticket Vending Machines at Glider halts or at PayPoint Agents across Northern Ireland. You CANNOT top-up cards onboard.
- Once you start using your card, you can top up with more travel. When you top up your card, any additional days extend the validity of the card from that date e.g. if you have 3 days left on your card and you top up with a further 7 days, your Travel Card immediately becomes valid for 10 days from the date you top up, and not 3 days plus a further 7 days from the date of first use of newly purchased travel.
- dayLink cards can be topped-up with 1, 5 or 10 days. Day travel loaded on a card is valid for non-consecutive days and remains stored on a card until it is used.
- Cards can be topped-up with one day’s travel on board a Metro bus (or Ulsterbus within the Metro operating area). You cannot buy a dayLink card on board a bus.
- Top-ups of 1, 5 and 10 day’s travel are available at Ticket Vending Machines at Glider halts, PayPoint Agents, Smartlink Agents, main Translink stations, Visit Belfast (Donegall Square North).
- Top-ups on bus will be issued at the peak or off-peak fare depending on the time of day or the day of the week the top-up is issued.
- Top-ups at Ticket Vending Machines, PayPoint, Smartlink and Translink Sales Outlets will always be issued at a set standard top-up fare.
dayLink and Smartlink cards must be validated on the bus or validator device at Glider halts for every journey made by placing the card on the ticket machine reader or device. If a valid working card is not presented the customer will be required to pay full fare.
You might also like
Still having a look about? You might also be interested in this...