Full Training Provided
If you don’t already have a bus driving licence, we provide the training to get you one!
Our recruitment team gets you licence ready before you head to the training school where our dedicated trainers start the lessons. Our expert Training Team have a wealth of bus driving and customer service experience between them.
Our training starts in the classroom which includes preparation for the PCV theory test. Following this you’ll be trained out on the road on one of Translink’s training buses. Whilst out on the roads with the Training team you will gain vast experience of different environments, road types, traffic conditions as well as being trained up on various vehicle types from single deck to double deck.
We also provide specialised Customer Service training to prepare you for the road ahead, as well as making you an expert on our ticketing machines.
Once fully trained and road ready you will head to your depot where you will be paired up with a dedicated and experienced mentor driver who will show you the routes you will be driving.
On top of that you will continually be trained on our newest vehicles and technology.
Belfast Area Locations
- Milewater Service Centre (Metro Bus Driver & Glider Driver)
- Short Strand
- Newtownabbey (Metro & Ulsterbus)
Southern Area Locations
- Newcastle (Ballynahinch, Kilkeel, Cranfield)
- Downpatrick (Ardglass)
- Newry (Crossmaglen, Forkhill, Newtownhamilton, Warrenpoint, Rathfriland)
- Europa Bus Centre (Ballygowan)
- Lisburn Dromore (Dromara)
- Craigavon (Banbridge)
- Armagh (Keady, Middletown, Tievenamara)
- Newtownards (Portaferry)
Northern Area Locations
- Coleraine (Ballycastle, Ballymoney, Kilrea, Portrush, Limavady)
- Ballymena (Cushendall, Ballymena, Portglenone)
- Antrim (Crumlin)
- Larne (Ballyclare)
- Enniskillen (Belcoo, Castlecaldwell, Fivemiletown, Lisnaskea, Teemore)
- Omagh (Castlederg, Dromore Sixmilecross)
- Magherafelt (Cookstown, Draperstown)
- Dungannon (Augher)
- Derry~Londonderry (Claudy, Dungiven, Strabane)
Why Work With Us?
Our employees are our number one asset which is why Translink always aims to recruit, retain and motivate the best.
The Translink SPIRIT values are guiding principles that are part of our culture to enable us to lead, inspire and succeed in delivering our services.