Bus & Coach Accessibility
- Ramped access and a kneeling facility
- A dedicated space for one wheelchair user
- Other priority seats for disabled passengers
- Handrail provision throughout the bus and frequent, accessible, bell pushes
- Strong colour contrasting inside and out
All Belfast Metro and Glider services also have on board next stop audio and visual announcements.
We use coaches to deliver all our Goldline services and some Ulsterbus services. Some coaches have steps at the entrance and seating in the priority wheelchair user space that must be removed. If you are a wheelchair user we require 24 hours’ notice if you want to use these services.
- Stopping the bus at a stop where there is a passenger waiting who may have difficulty identifying the service for example a passenger with a Guide Dog
- Lowering the bus and deploying the ramp/lift to help you access the bus
- Clearing any obstructions in your way including anything in the wheelchair users space
- Asking passengers to move from priority seats (including the wheelchair users space) if they don’t need to use them
- Fitting your wheelchair with restraints if these are required
- Keeping the bus still until you are in your seat
- Announcing arrival at your stop if you ask for this
Still having a look about? You might also be interested in this...
Haven't found what your looking for? Get in touch with with us. We are always happy to help. Get in touch
We operate coach, bus and train services connecting cities, towns and villages throughout Northern Ireland and some cross border routes. We also offer dedicated Park and Ride routes and high frequency services to Belfast and Dublin airports. Find Out More
We have options to suit everyone - ensure best value with a travelcard, or buy tickets online, onboard, at a station or a ticket vending machine. Find Out More