Start Your Apprenticeship
Apply online to start your apprenticeship with Translink
What is an Apprenticeship
An apprenticeship is a real job offering hands on experience, comprehensive training and a technical qualification all whilst earning a salary. They involve a combination of working and learning on site for 4 days a week whilst attending college on one day to complete a formal NVQ Qualification.
All our Apprentices are fully employed by Translink from the first day of their apprenticeship with a contract of employment, paid holidays and many other competitive benefits. As an apprentice you will be working with experienced staff and learning from colleagues across all levels of the business.
Apprentice performance is consistently monitored and appraised. Completing an apprenticeship with Translink will equip you with skills for life as well as enabling you to secure permanent employment and gain a professional level 3 NVQ qualification.
Anyone aged 16 or over can become an Apprentice, there is no upper age limit however in some instances you will need to be 18 years old for track safety reasons.
Why should you apply to our Apprenticeship Scheme?
A Day in the Life of an Apprentice
"After completing my A-levels at school, I went to Belfast to study Business (HNC). Although I found Business interesting, I realised that I didn’t like the idea of sitting in an office 5 days a week....
"I studied Advertising & Marketing at the University of Ulster where I graduated with a 1st class honours degree. I then worked within the marketing industry as a Marketing Executive for a number of different companies...
- All applicants require a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above (or equivalent qualification) including Maths and English, or be expecting to achieve these by August 2021. Minimum of grade B in Maths is desirable for Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Applicants must have experience of using Microsoft Office packages
- Able to demonstrate a practical hands-on approach
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Hard working, committed, self-motivated and willing to respond to the needs of the Apprenticeship scheme
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand how to provide excellent customer service
- Online application form
- Online aptitude tests
- Pre-employment reference and medical checks (if successful)