On presentation of your Half Fare SmartPass you are entitled to 50% off the standard adult single fare on scheduled bus and rail services operating within Northern Ireland.
Are you entitled to a Half Fare SmartPass?
If you fall into one of the four categories below, you are entitled to a Half Fare SmartPass.
The four categories are as follows:
- People who have been awarded the higher or lower rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance for a period of at least 12 months.
- People who have been refused a driving licence on medical grounds.
- People who are registered as partially sighted with a Health and Social Services Trust.
- People who are known to a Health and Social Services Trust as having a learning disability.
How to apply for a Half Fare SmartPass
If you believe that you would be entitled to a Half Fare SmartPass under one of the categories pick up an application form from any of the places listed below or phone: 0845 600 0049.
- Your local Translink Bus or Rail Station
- Social Security Office
- Health and Social Services Trust
- Driving and Vehicle Licensing NI (DVLNI)
Just complete the form as instructed and enclose one recent colour passport-sized photograph. When your application has been approved your new SmartPass will be posted directly to your home. Please note that processing of applications will normally take at least six weeks.
Concession travel is available for those aged between 16 and 64 and resident in Northern Ireland for at least the last three months. Applicants can apply before their sixteenth birthday.
Local Day Return Tickets for Half-Fare SmartPass Holders
Please note that local Day Return rail tickets are now available for DRD Half-fare SmartPass holders for travel between stations within Northern Ireland only.
Note that this new option is only available:-
- to Half-fare SmartPass holders (NOT any Free SmartPass holders e.g. 60, Senior, Blind, ROI Senior etc)
- in rail services only (SmartPass return tickets are not available on bus)
View All Special Offers