Using iLink on the bus
4 easy steps to using your iLink Card on the bus:
- Hold your iLink Card to the target on the ticket machine reader with the front of the card facing upwards.
- When the card reads successfully, the machine will bleep once and the green light will light up.
- The machine will issue you with a paper ticket showing the details of your journey. The ticket must be retained for inspection.
- If the red light appears, remove your iLink Card, then hold it to the target and try again.
Using iLink on the train
3 easy steps to validating your iLink Card at a train station:
Translink Platform Validators are located at several stations on the NI Railways network so you can quickly validate your iLink Card for each leg of your journey.
Where a validator machine is available you MUST use it to validate your iLink Card for each leg of your journey. If a validator machine is not available the ticket barrier staff will validate your iLink Card for you.
- Hold your iLink Card to the target at the bottom of the validator machine.
- When the card reads successfully, the machine will bleep once. A green light will light up and a ? symbol will appear on the screen at the top.
- If a red light appears and an X symbol appears on the screen at the top, remove your iLink Card and speak to a member of staff.
The validator machine does not issue a ticket or receipt. It simply checks that your iLink Card is valid to make a journey.
No cash is accepted or stored in a validator machine.
You are required to present your iLink Card to any authorised member of Translink staff when requested.
2easy steps to using your iLink Card on the train
- Hand your iLink Card to the conductor.
- The conductor will validate your iLink Card for you. A ticket receipt will NOT be produced.
Please note that if your iLink Card does not read on a Translink ticket machine you must pay full fare for the journey and phone Translink’s SmartPass Office on 028 9075 9129 to obtain a replacement card.