The Purchasing Department is part of the Finance Division. The Department performs a central core purchasing and purchase ledger (invoice processing) function to three companies comprising of Citybus Limited (Metro), N I Railways Company Limited and Ulsterbus Limited; referred to collectively as Translink along with the requirements of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company.
5 Steps to Tender
- Step 1 Advert placed on the website. Other locations may include Twitter; eTendersNI; OJEU.
- Step 2 Pre Qualification Questionaire(PQQ) - supplier must normally submit a completed PQQ via eTendersNI.
- Step 3 Selected suppliers may be invited to tender (ITT).
- Step 4 Winner(s) Selected - all invited to tender informed of the decision.
- Step 5 Contract(s) put in place for usually a numerb of years.
The Translink Purchasing Department is a qualified Centre of Procurement Expertise (COPE) and follow strict Procurement Standards. All tender action and contract placements must be put through & authorised by the Purchasing Department unless delegated authority has been granted.
- Marketing and HR requirements
- ICT and Finance requirements
- Operational requirements
- Mechanical Engineering requirements
- Infrastructure: Construction and other works, building and grounds maintenance, professional services.
Ensuring that as far as possible there is openness and clarity in policy and its delivery.
Download our Guidelines for Fighting Bribery in Public Procurement>> Guidelines - Fighting Bribery in Public Procurement.pdf (Adobe pdf document 139Kb)